|NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, TEXAS, 76180
|Warning Date: 9:15 am CST on November 27, 2015
|Warning Description: Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
| Weather Map
|Normal Rain, month
|Normal Rain, year
Local Weather Exchange®
Full Advisory Text
Warning Description: Flood Warning, Areal Flood Warning
Warning Date: 9:15 am CST on November 27, 2015
Warning Message:The Flood Warning continues for
the West Fork Trinity River at Grand Prairie.
* At 0830 am Friday the stage was 24.58 feet.
* Flood stage is 27 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...the river is expected to rise above flood stage by
Friday afternoon and crest near 31 feet by Saturday after
midnight. The river should fall below flood stage by Saturday
* At 30 feet, moderate flooding will occur along the lowland areas of
Lat...Lon 3274 9703 3280 9700 3281 9693 3275 9693
746 am CST Fri Nov 27 2015
The National Weather Service in Fort Worth has issued a
* Flood Warning for...
Dallas County in north central Texas...
Tarrant County in north central Texas...
* until 1045 am CST
* at 743 am CST...flooding was reported along several creeks and
streams across Dallas and Tarrant counties. The flooding is
impacting some residential areas and streets near flooded creeks
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Haltom City...Keller...Coppell and Duncanville.
Most flood deaths occur in automobiles. Never drive your vehicle into
areas where the water covers the roadway. Flood waters are usually
deeper than they appear. Just one foot of flowing water is powerful
enough to sweep vehicles off the Road. When encountering flooded
roads make the smart choice...turn around...dont drown.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small
creeks and streams...highways and underpasses in urban areas.
Additionally...country roads and farmlands along the banks of
creeks...streams and other low lying areas are subject to flooding.
Lat...Lon 3298 9652 3255 9652 3256 9755 3299 9754
734 am CST Fri Nov 27 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Village Creek near Everman.
* At 0700 am Friday the stage was 20.25 feet.
* Flood stage is 19 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...the river has crested and will continue to recede and
fall below flood stage by Friday morning.
Lat...Lon 3232 9716 3235 9718 3240 9716 3239 9711
730 am CST Fri Nov 27 2015
The Flood Warning continues for
the Walnut Creek near Mansfield.
* At 0700 am Friday the stage was 27.00 feet.
* Flood stage is 22 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...the river will continue rising to a crest near 28 feet
by Friday morning. The river should fall below flood stage late
* At 28 feet, moderate flooding will occur along the creek through
Mansfield, downstream to Lake Joe pool.
Lat...Lon 3252 9717 3256 9706 3263 9708 3260 9718
WarningDesc:Flash Flood Watch
WarningDate:4:40 am CST on November 27, 2015
WarningSum:...Flash Flood Watch Remains In Effect Through Late Saturday
Warning Message:The Flash Flood Watch continues for
* portions of north central Texas and northeast Texas...
including the following areas...in north central Texas...
Somervell...Stephens...Tarrant...wise and Young. In northeast
Texas...Delta...Henderson...Hopkins...Lamar...rains and Van
* Through late Saturday night
* rainfall amounts...additional widespread amounts of 3 to 7
inches with locally higher totals will be possible through late
Saturday night. The highest rainfall totals are expected to be
north of Interstate 20...with lower rainfall amounts south of
* Setup...multiple rounds of moderate to heavy rainfall through
early Sunday will occur across north and central Texas.
* River flood potential...minor to moderate river flooding is
occurring along the Sabine River and portions of the Trinity
River. Local area creeks and streams are also likely to flood
during periods of heavy rain.
A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions are favorable for heavy
rain which may lead to flash flooding. You should monitor the
latest forecasts from the National Weather Service and be
prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued for
Weather and Weather Underground
Never base important decisions on this or
any weather information obtained from the Internet
Automatically by Ambient Weather's Virtual Weather Station V15.00